Eye Supplement Information
An eye supplement
is a dietary supplement that contains a vitamin, mineral, or amino acid that is crucial for the development of your eyes.
A lot of Americans don't eat a very healthy diet, which makes it more important than ever to add some extra nutrition to our daily diets. Even if you think you're eating enough healthy food, the odd piece of junk food or fried treat may be enough to offset a lot of that conscious health. The best way to fight back is by taking an eye supplement (or several) that will bring the nutrients back to your eyes.
Following is a list of ten of the most important Dietary Supplements for Eye Health that you can take on a daily basis to Protect Your Eyesight.
- Lutein for Vision – is one of the most important Supplements for Eye Health, and it's also one of the most recently discovered. Extracted from marigold flowers, lutein is a carotenoid that protects the lenses of the eyes by essentially creating a shield around them. This goes a long way towards the prevention of age related Macular Degeneration and Cataracts. You can find lutein in a lot of colored foods, including carrots, tomatoes, spinach, and squash.
- Beta-carotene – Another carotenoid, beta-carotene gets converted by the body into vitamin A, a strong Eye Health Antioxidant that helps protect the eyes against the formation of Free Radicals. Like lutein, beta-carotene is found in many of your favorite colored fruits and vegetables, including carrots, sweet potatoes, kale, and spinach.
- Vitamin A – Your Retina
requires a lot of vitamin A to produce the specific cells that it needs to process light. This is one eye supplement that will help Improve Your Night Vision, because it increases the production of the rods and cones of The Retina. If you're deficient in vitamin A, you might not be able to see at night at all.
- Copper – Believe it or not, eating at least 2mg of copper will help your eyes produce the enzymes that act as natural antioxidants. You can find copper in oysters and legumes as well as whole grains.
- Zinc – The retina has the highest concentration of zinc in the entire body. It's an antioxidant that helps the eye function properly. Zinc should be taken in doses of at least 45mg daily.
- Selenium – Selenium is an eye supplement that is easily absorbed by the body, but unfortunately there aren't a lot of foods that have very high quantities of it. Brazil nuts are the best natural choice, and if you can't find any in your area you can take a Vison Supplement instead. It's a natural antioxidant.
- Acai Berry – An extract from this berry will play a large role in reducing the pressure behind your eyes, allowing them to function more efficiently.
- Chromium – Also related to pressure, chromium works to balance the pressure inside the eyes. Tomatoes and onions are good sources of chromium.
- Manganese – Manganese can be found in brown rice and other whole wheat foods.
- Vitamin C – Finally, the end all eye supplement vitamin C is an antioxidant that will promote the health of nearly all of your eye's processes. Take it in at least 1,000 mg doses per day.
Remember nothing beats a healthy diet with the right balance of Vitamins and Minerals when it comes to preventing an Eyesight Problem.
Subscribe to EyeSight Vision Care! , our monthly newsletter with in depth information to help you keep up to date on how to Protect Your Eyesight with a free bonus. Fill out the form below. You'll then receive an email asking you to confirm that you subscribed. You'll always have the option to unsubscribe at the click of your mouse.
Eye Supplement to Supplements for Eye Health
Eye Supplement to Protect Your Eyesight