Eyelid Problems Information
can be quite common among younger children, but it can happen to everybody depending on the condition.
People are unaware that Blepharitis is the medical term for an eyelid condition or problem. The most common reason why people develop Blepharitis is due to the eyelashes producing too much oil.
Eyelids are known to touch the eye and these oil glands near the base of the lashes are no exception. The eye can become irritated and dandruff-like flakes will start to form around the eye.
This also happens when there is very little oil being produce in the oil gland or it is simply the wrong kind of oil. The lack of correct oil, whether it is too little or too much, is the reason why Blepharitis is constantly a reoccurring Eyesight Disorder.
Another reason why Blepharitis may occur and cause eyelid problems is due to allergies. People could be allergic to the makeup applied near the eye, Contact Lenses and even contact solutions, as well as simple and common allergies such as airborne ones, animals, etc.
In fact, it is quite uncommon for Blepharitis to simply happen due to an bacteria infection. It is very hard for bacteria to get into the eyelid despite the fact contacts and make up can carry quite a bit if not properly taken care of.
Signs of Blepharitis are typically inflammation symptoms such as:
- Burning Sensations
- Gritty Sensations
- Sensitivity to light
- Dry or Flaky patches of skin in or around the eye
- The constant feeling that something is in the eye
These are all completely unpleasant to experience, but the good news is that it is not contagious for anybody living with a person who has Eyesight Problems.
Blepharitis typically does not cause permanent eye damage, but some other diseases, disorders, or conditions might occur if it goes untreated by a Eye Care Professional or Eye Care Specialist. The most common Eye Infections that can appear are:
- Sty: When an oil gland opening is blocked by any of the crust or by too much oil build-up, a bacterial infection will start to form. A very painful lump at the corner of the eye or inside your eyelid will start to form.
- Chalazion: When the oil gland is blocked, that gland will form a chalazion and will become large and scarred.
- Chronic Pink Eye: Pink eye makes the whites of the eyes inflamed and causes another array of symptoms like fever; Blurry Vision and the eye may even discharge pus.
- Ulceration of the Cornea: With Blepharitis present, it may cause constant irritation to the eyeball when blinking. Due to this, the eye will start to form an Corneal Ulcer directly on your cornea.
It is highly recommended that you call your ophthalmologist when experiencing any Blepharitis symptoms to help Protect Your Eyesight from further damage.
Subscribe to EyeSight Vision Care! , our monthly newsletter with in depth information to help you keep up to date on how to Protect Your Eyesight with a free bonus. Fill out the form below. You'll then receive an email asking you to confirm that you subscribed. You'll always have the option to unsubscribe at the click of your mouse.
Eyelid Problems to other Eye Conditions
Eyelid Problems to Protect Your Eyesight