Information on Laser Eye Surgery
It is important to find the correct information on laser eye surgery
. You might find that laser eye surgery is considered to be extremely safe and effective, but it is important to find out the bad or risky side to it to ensure you're educating yourself in the best way possible.
There are a lot of websites that might give you some misleading laser eye surgery information because they're trying to sell you a service. You ideally want to avoid getting advice from such places and hopefully you'll find what is covered in this article helpful.
Laser Surgery for Eyes is considered to be a surgical procedure, and much like other surgeries you must know if you're qualified to receive this sort of Laser Eye Treatment. Not everyone is able to simply go in and come out 100% cured. In fact, some people might not even be suitable for Laser Vision Corrective Surgery and it can make their condition worse if they do not investigate further.
In order to help correct the eye, the laser hits a very delicate and sensitive part in the eye. To ensure you're suitable for this practice, an optometrist prior to surgery does a very important screening. It is here where you can ask your doctor about any Laser Surgical Questions you might have about the procedure and he will typically go over the Laser Eye Surgery Risks, potential benefits and Laser Eye Surgery Side Effects before you undergo surgery.
This surgery is often very quick and painless and it should help Protect Your Eyesight in no time.
Typically, you will not need to wear Prescription Glasses or Contact Lenses after you have Laser Cosmetic Eye Surgery.
Though, it should be noted that after the age of 40 Lasik may not completely eliminate your need for glasses and that the Effects of Laser Eye Surgery will decrease over time.
In fact, people who have undergone treatment via Lasik Laser Eye Surgery will more than likely begin wearing glasses again sooner than they might think.
The following is some more information on laser eye surgery that might answer some of your questions.
- The ideal candidates for Laser Eye Surgery are:
- People who are over the age of 18.
- People who have had a steady or stable vision for at least two years, meaning that you have not had a change in your optical prescription for over two years.
- Those who have common Problems with Eyesight such as Hyperopia also known as "farsightedness" or "long sightedness", Myopia also known as “nearsightedness” or “short sightedness”, or Astigmatism are good candidates for this surgery.
- People that do not have another medical disorder, disease, or condition that will prohibit the ability to recover after the procedure.
- And of course, those who have educated themselves on the risks and benefits of the Laser Vision Corrective Surgery.
The most important information on laser eye surgery is about those people who are Not eligible or are completely unsuitable for surgery. Which are:
- Those who are underage.
- Women who are pregnant, about to be pregnant, or even nursing.
People who have other eye conditions that will prevent them from going forward with laser eye surgery. Some of these include:
- Corneal thinning disorders (like keratoconus or even pellucid marginal degeneration).
- Advanced Glaucoma.
- Various corneal diseases.
- And, conditions that were already present in the eye that damper vision.
Subscribe to EyeSight Vision Care! , our monthly newsletter with in depth information to help you keep up to date on how to Protect Your Eyesight with a free bonus. Fill out the form below. You'll then receive an email asking you to confirm that you subscribed. You'll always have the option to unsubscribe at the click of your mouse.
Information on Laser Eye Surgery - Laser Eye Surgery
Information on Laser Eye Surgery - Protect Your Eyesight