Laser Eye Surgeon Information
Trying to find a good laser eye surgeon
can be difficult.
It is important that you have some basic Laser Surgical Questions for your doctor to help get a better idea of what his skills and qualifications are.
Finding a doctor that is suited for this kind of work is actually quite easy, but you're unable to tell if he's a suitable doctor for the task until after the procedure. Putting your eyes at risk because a doctor's level was not advanced enough is the last thing you want to do.
Here are some questions for your laser eye surgeon to help Protect Your Eyesight from further damage. Be sure to either memorize this list or bring it with you when you're talking to your doctor.
- How long have you been performing Safe Laser Eye Surgery? Usually doctors who have been practicing for more than 3 years are good candidates to consider.
- How many eye surgeries have your done? A good number is over the 550 mark throughout the course of the surgeon's career.
- How many eye surgeries have you completed in the last 6 months? If it is less than 100, this should be a cause for concern. The doctor might be a little out of practice or his clinic might be struggling financially. If below 100, your next question might be why the number is so little. He might have other reasons as to why that is (health concerns, family, vacation, did other surgeries, etc).
- How many people have you refused to operate on when they come in for Lasik Laser Eye Surgery? This is an extremely good question because there should be no 'simple' answer to this. The way the doctor explains his reasoning behind refusing or turning a patient down will show that he considers the patient’s health and knows when they will not be suitable for an operation. When doctors say 'none' you should scrutinize them carefully.
- After Laser Vision Corrective Surgery, did you ever experience a bad outcome? What was it and how did you handle it? Like the above question, you'll be able to see insight into his reasoning, which will either make you more comfortable or less comfortable when choosing the doctor. You will also be able to know if your doctor is answering these questions honestly and not trying to sell you on him being the best one. Laser Surgery for Eyes does have its risks, so if you're doctor says that there was and has been no bad outcomes, you should definitely question this.
It should also be noted that one must trust their gut instinct. If you feel that the doctor's facility is dirty in any way or if you simply don't like the doctor's behavior and he seems a bit 'off', then there is no reason why you have to take the procedure at that particular clinic.
There should be a lot of laser eye surgeons in your area since Laser Eye Treatment surgery is becoming safer and more common.
You should never feel obligated to stick with one doctor and you might want to consider visiting other doctors in your area to get a better feel of their talent, facility, and knowledge.
Subscribe to EyeSight Vision Care! , our monthly newsletter with in depth information to help you keep up to date on how to Protect Your Eyesight with a free bonus. Fill out the form below. You'll then receive an email asking you to confirm that you subscribed. You'll always have the option to unsubscribe at the click of your mouse.
Laser Eye Surgeon Information - Laser Eye Surgery
Laser Eye Surgeon Information - Protect Your Eyesight