Vision Supplements Information
With the use of Vision Supplements
some eye problems can be delayed such as Macular Degeneration
and other eye diseases.
Vitamins and Minerals can help restore and protect eye function. If you want to Protect Your Eyesight you should consider taking one or all of the following supplements.
Each one has a specific mode of action within your eye tissue that will keep your vision strong and clear as you age.
- Vitamin C – This is one of the most popular vitamins for protecting and enhancing your immune system, but did you know that it's a potent vision supplement as well? Vitamin C is an antioxidant that protects the collagen in your corneas from degenerating. A lot of animals are able to produce vitamin C In vitro, which means in their own body. Humans, unfortunately, can't do this, so we need to get our vitamin C from outside sources. Fruits for Eye Health and Vegetables for Eye Health are excellent sources of vitamin C, and capsules and supplement pills can also help you get your daily recommended allowance.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E is another Eye Health Antioxidant that helps neutralize Free Radicals in the body. As a vision supplement, vitamin E can prevent and delay the formation of Cataracts, and there's is strong research that suggests that it is one of the strongest opponents of Macular Degeneration Symptoms in the eyes. Doctors recommend that you supplement your diet with at least 400 IUs of Vitamin E for potent eye benefits.
- Zinc – Zinc is a mineral that allows your body to absorb more vitamin A and beta carotene. Research suggests that it can also help fight against Macular Degeneration, and can strongly Improve Night Vision as well by increasing the production of the rods and cones in your Retina that will help with Poor Night Vision. It's important not to take more than 100 mg of zinc per day, as doses this high have been connected with a lowered immune function in some people. If you take a daily multivitamin, check the ingredients because you may already be getting plenty of zinc. If you want to go the organics route, you can find zinc in oysters, eggs, black eyed peas, beef, tofu and other soy products, and wheat germ.
- Selenium – If you're taking vitamin E, you might want to consider adding some selenium to your diet as well. This mineral increases the bioavailability of oral Vitamin E and helps your body absorb more of it.
- Beta Carotene – When you were a kid you probably heard adults telling you that you should eat your carrots because they're good for your eyes. Fortunately for you (and unfortunately for kids) they actually are. Carrots are great sources of beta carotene, a potent vision supplement that not only fights macular degeneration and Cataract Treatment, but also helps your night vision, just like zinc.
Vision supplements can really help you get a grip on your vision and prevent Eye Diseases and degeneration due to aging. Most people depend on their vision more than any other sense, so it makes a lot of sense to protect it as much as possible.
Remember nothing beats a healthy diet with the right balance of Vitamins and Minerals when it comes to preventing an Eyesight Problem.
Subscribe to EyeSight Vision Care! , our monthly newsletter with in depth information to help you keep up to date on how to Protect Your Eyesight with a free bonus. Fill out the form below. You'll then receive an email asking you to confirm that you subscribed. You'll always have the option to unsubscribe at the click of your mouse.
Vision Supplements to more Vision Information
Vision Supplements to Protect Your Eyesight